Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I owe, I owe, so it's off to work I go

Because of the complex way that I get paid, I received an advance at the beginning of the month. Well, I ended up not working yet in order to take care of the man and the child that live here with me. This means that I now am in the red to my employer. We are all well (mentally and physically) at my house for the moment so I have to go to work tomorrow. I sat Jordyn down today to explain to her that I am going to work tomorrow. She actually took it quite well, smiled and said "okay". A few minutes later she came to me with her princess suitcase all packed and said "Mommy, I go with you to work."

This might be harder than I thought.

I am really looking forward to some quiet hotel alone time to finish preparing my talk for Sunday. I am speaking on a talk given by Ezra Taft Benson in 1979 titled Five Marks of the Divinity of Jesus Christ. It is actually a wonderful talk and I am loving it. I haven't had to speak in church in a long time so I am just nervous. My ward splits up couples with small children so that they don't have to speak on the same day. It seems like a really smart idea, it is just kind of awkward to speak with someone else's husband. :)

Anyways, here is one of the pictures I had taken of Jordyn last month. Enjoy

3 comments:

Emily said...

GREAT photo! Where is that?

The Fraughts said...

Jordyn is so cute!! I love that she wants to go with mommy to work, that's cute! And I love the picture! She's is just so adorable!

Lexie said...

No Rob hasn't found a job yet but he hasn't applied either! He will start sending out resumes....in march maybe? He takes his final boards on the 13th of this month so I think he's waiting on that. But for the most part, students graduating don't usually get job until AFTER they graduate. Sucks.....but I guess that's how it goes!