I just want to state for the record that not all employees of one particular airline (which shall not be named here) are pleased with it's most recent publicity stunt/ business deal. The airline that I work for has recently signed a deal with a certain very popular sports magazine. To show their appreciation for this deal they have covered one of their new planes with a giant picture of a swimsuit model in a very skimpy bikini. In my opinion this shows very, very poor taste. Really? You couldn't use any other picture? No Superbowl champs? No ads for the upcoming All-star game? Serena? Venus? Anything?
So, what am I going to do?
Not quit. I am still very grateful to have a job.
I will be writing a letter to the higher ups and voicing my feelings on this one.
I am taking the month of March off (unrelated, just worked out that way). Hopefully, this will reduce my chances of having to work on or look at this giant piece of flying porn. It is only a temporary wrap and will be gone in 60 days. Thank goodness.
4 comments:
Um, SERIOUSLY? I haven't heard that but, ridiculous! It makes me so mad that the world has to be that way. Could we please NOT have to sexualize every woman!
That really stinks. I can't believe they couldn't figure out a more appropriate ad.
THAT is just tacky. You go girl.
Now, I get your comment on facebook. I find it interesting that the unnamed airline is willing to put that kind of picture on one of their planes, but the won't allow "skanily" dressed women to fly on their planes, they have to change. Hmmm.. seems a little hypocritical, don't you think?
Post a Comment