He is that one guy who fights against the pork-barrel spending and has never introduced a bill with an earmark. He begins many of his speeches on the floor with phrases like “Let’s stop wasting tax-payer dollars!” For this, he is not a popular guy in Washington. Well he is at my house. Check. Already marked off in my mail-in ballot.
On the local level, District 18 will be getting a couple new state representatives. One of the new guys on the Republican ticket is this guy
So call me biased but I like him. I know him personally and I like him. I like what he stands for. For the past 30 years or so he has been married to my Dad’s sister. Married to a Brimley? That’s got to say something, right? If nothing else he must have a sense of humor and a large tolerance for sarcasm. Check.
Though both of these candidates happen to be Republicans, I can assure you I am not a vote-along-party-lines kind of person. I did vote to re-elect or Governor in 2006. I have decided to re-register next time around as an independent. I hate the two-party system and don’t feel like either one encompasses all of my values. I have been reading up on all the propositions and will be informed before I vote on them. Don’t expect me to blog about any other votes I will be casting in the next few weeks and don’t expect to see any signs in my yard. We are just not a sign-in-your-yard type of family.
I would like to say that while I don’t necessarily want to see her as VP, I love Sarah Palin. If I were for sure going to vote for that ticket and was allowed to wear political buttons at work, you might see this:
8 comments:
And Flake voted against the bailout BOTH times. That takes some guts!
Thanks for sharing! I still have to go through my paperwork and decide who/what gets my vote.
Oh I was going to mention the bail-out thing and I totally forgot. Thanks.
I love Jeff Flake...great guy. Stuart is related to him you know (Stuart's grandma was a Flake) We were in Snowflake, AZ (named after the Flake family) and there was a parade. Jeff Flake's float was saying thank you to everyone!! How often does that happen that a politician says thank you?!?
That is so neat that you know Steve Court...not only do you know him, he is your uncle!!
I just registered as an Independent last month. I hate the whole party thing. It's stupid. And I can't stand it when people say that they're one or the other but don't even really know what that means. They don't know what Republicans value and they don't know what Democrats value. I can't wait until this is all over. I'm getting sick of it.
Good to see you last night by the way.
Good post! I like that button.:)
Jill,
I don't know if you remember me, but we used to be in the ward and we lived down Olive. Anyways, I love your blog and I agree with your political views.
Hey, We are going private on our blog... so please leave me your email if you wish to be invited!
Somehow I forgot to comment on this earlier. "A sense of humor and a large tolerance for sarcasm" had me rollin' in the aisles. I would also love to see a blog from you on why you like Palin!
Post a Comment