Friday, October 17, 2008

Want some cheap cereal?

It appears that the coupons have now disappeared. Sorry. If you can find them great. Good luck.

OK, Try this one. You should be able to print it 6 times.
http://bricks.coupons.com/Start.asp?tqnm=rjnicbo39003551&bt=vi&o=54148&c=KC&p=uU1wzMHO

I found a coupon deal for my readers who actually like to read about my coupon deals (Hi, Jake's mom). Safeway has Kellogg's Frosted Mini-wheats on sale for $2.22. There are lots of printable coupons for $1.00 off a box. I will get into those in a moment. When you buy 3 boxes of the flavored ones (Strawberry Delight, Blueberry Muffin, Maple & Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Streusel and Vanilla Creme) a coupon for $3.00 of your next order will spit out.

Let's walk through it:
3 boxes of Mini-Wheats (might I recommend the blueberry)
minus 3 $1.00 off coupons (don't worry, I am getting to those)
Your total for the first transaction
3*$2.22=$6.66
-$3.00
$3.66

Now a $3.00 coupon will print out. Take that coupon plus 3 more $1.00 off coupons and do the same thing over again:
3*$2.22=$6.66
-$3.00 coupon that just printed
-$3.00 3 other coupons
$.66 is your new total for 3 boxes. That's $.22 a box.

Another $3.00 coupon will print out and so on and so forth. Keep doing the deal until you are out of coupons or you just can't simply bring yourself to look at another box of cereal. When you are done you should still have $3.00 to use at Safeway for whatever you want.

Now, back to those coupons. I used to be content using coupons.com and boodle.com to print coupons from. Then someone talked me into signing up for Mypoints.com. You sign up and earn points for shopping online, printing coupons and just reading sponsored emails. Then you trade those points in for cool things like Target gift cards. They have the same coupons as the other websites. Here's what I am getting at, if you let me refer you to mypoints by giving me your email, I get a whole bunch of points for signing you up. I will be that much closer to my big fat Target gift card. It's the least you can do for me, I did tell you about the deal. Anyways, when you go to the printable coupon part of mypoints there will be 8 or so Kellogg's coupons to print. Some will have pictures of other Kellogg's cereal but they all say "good on any Kellogg's cereal" or "Frosted Mini-Wheats". Print them all. You should be able to print 2 of each from each computer. When my laptop er uxdsm, husband gets home from school, I am printing a whole bunch more.



Here is a picture of what I am up to so far.




If you want to email me about mypoints or if you have a question about the cereal deal you think I can answer, here it is sisburns@gmail.com.

If you don't want to do the mypoints thing, those coupons can be found at www.couopns.com.

7 comments:

The Fraughts said...

My question to you is.. are you ever going to want to eat Frosted Mini Wheats after this?

Becca said...

Send me the mypoints referral, sounds like something I would love. (Being a coupon freak and all) beccaboohall@hotmail.com

Tori :) said...

Hey! I read it for your deals too!!!

swampbrat@gmail.com

Renee said...

That's just a lot of mini-wheats.

But if you find yourself getting sick of the blueberry ones, I'll give you a quarter for the extras. Look at that. You just made 3 cents. :)

Do I have to DO anything if I sign up for mypoints, or do you still get referral points even I just register and never look at it again? Because I'll do that.

EmileeandJonny said...

Yay, I'm gonna have to go try that! I seriously love couponing although I'm not as good as I would like to be!

Kim said...

I just wanted to let you know I used Fresh and Easy coupons at Frys for the for the first time. I had 3 coupons so I divided my purchase into 3 transactions. I saved 70%, 69% and 68% according to the information on each receipt. I told the guy at Frys I thought I was done doing that kind of crazy stuff to save money on groceries but these days every dollar counts. Thanks for the tips Jill.
Jake's Mom, and proud of it.

Brittany Owens said...

Sweet! Thanks for the tips. I love finding a good deal, I am just not always very good at it. I love mini wheats!