Friday, August 29, 2008

Yay, for four more years of the same!!

Did you think this was going to be a political post? It's not.

Many people don't know this but Kevin and I were getting ready to buy a house and move over to the west valley so that he could be closer to school. We sat down the other night and crunched the numbers (gas prices) and felt very strongly that we should just stay in the house we are living in for as long as we can. I couldn't believe after praying about it how strongly I felt that this is where we need to be. It is such a relief. So this ward is stuck with us for 4 more years. I am so happy to know that I will be close to my family and Kevin's family. I alos didn't want to leave my playgroup friends.

P.S. Have you ever tried to break up with a realtor mid-contract? Yikes!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

"It's not you, it's me. I'm just not ready for a commitment. You'll be much better off without me".

Poor broken-hearted realtor.

I'm glad you're staying! Cathy's looking in your area. Let me know if you know of anything available.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Renee said...

Birthday? Happy Birthday Jill!!

You know what's really weird? This morning, before I read my blog comments, I was thinking "I haven't heard from Jill..." and then I looked at my comments and you had posted! And then I thought, "Sad, she's moving to Glendale, and I never even got a chance to hang out with her before she left" and then I read your blog and saw that you're not moving!

It was like one of those Fortunately/Unfortunately books.

Anyway, I'm taking this as a sign that we should get together.

Sankat said...

whoohoo...i am happy you will be with us for 4 more years :) Is that how long your DH has in school?

Macey said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you're going to be by the temple and the fams, and that YOU get to live in Grandpa's house. Sweet. Hope Kevin does well in school!

joey said...

I think we are the only one's that are bummed... we thought you guys were moving closer to L.A.! Just kidding. Glad to hear that things are going well for the Burns family.

Tori :) said...

It's your birthday??? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Isn't it great when answers to prayers are SO strong that there is no doubting it's right? Makes is easier. ;)

Jillsywillsy said...

Yes, its my birthday. Thanks. Apparently, John McCain turned 72 the same day I turned 27.

4 years is how long he will be in school.

Joey, that's funny because when we went to our realtor's office in Suprise we joked about heading a few more miles west and meeting you guys at Disneyland.

br_oden said...

Jill I am so glad you are staying! I had no idea you were thinking of moving. And Happy Birthday you young thing! Oh to be 27 again. ha ha

Glad to have you around for 4 more years.

Mindy said...

So im probably the only person not happy about you guys not moving!! O well! Happy Belated Birthday!

The Fraughts said...

I'm glad you guys aren't moving because then we'd never see you guys. It would be like you had moved over to L.A. with Joey and Tiff. And what would we do without being able to see mini-you as often as we do (even though that's not much).

danielle said...

Hi girl! It's Danielle from BBC - just popping by to say congrats on feeling so content about staying at your current place. Moving is stressful. Even if you KNOW it's the right thing to do. So you're probably good just staying there if you had even a little doubt. Scott and I have struggled with the same choice lately but we think we're going to stay, too. Hope you have a great weekend!

~ Danielle