Go ahead, tell me about Twilight. I have heard it. I haven't even so much as picked up the first book yet. Don't get me wrong, I love to read. I have three reasons for not reading those books yet.
First: Vampires, really? Young adult, romance, sexual tension. Not interested (yet).
Second: I hate the thought of waiting for a new book to be written. I am way to impatient.
Third: I am currently reading another set of books and I can barely put them down. 
I bought Left Behind at a yard sale with my mom for a dollar from a little girl. It sad around my house for months. One day as I was getting ready for work, I threw it in my bag. I read half of it that day. I finished it in the next two days. I bought Tribulation Force the next day. After quickly reading that one I checked out Nicolae from the library, then Soul Harvest. I have never read so many books so quickly. Two weeks ago I was in Burbank on an overnight. I took a break from reading Soul Harvest long enough to go for a walk. I came upon a used bookstore. Everything was $1.00. I purchased the next book, Apollyon and the other ones of the set that I could find. I am almost through this one and have the other one already to go.

I totally recommend these books. If you want to read them I have the first 5 if you want to borrow them. If you don't know about them they are about the Second Coming. I have read other end of times books that were written from an LDS perspective that I loved too (Seventh Seal, I have those too, if you want).
I also have started over in my Book of Mormon Made Easier books. I am no longer too embarrassed to say that I read these. Why was I embarrassed you ask? Because my husband makes fun of me for "needing help".

7 comments:
The Book of Mormon made easier series is great! I love them! They make everything so easy to understand, and I find myself wanting to read more because of it. I know this probably won't sway you, but I had the same thoughts about twilight. Vampires? Come on! But they sucked me in and they are pretty good as long you don't start over analyzing or read amazon.com reviews. And by the way, I too love couponing, it's addicting. I love being able to say, "hey I saved 90% at the store today." Yep it feels good!
hahahaha Becca, you said "sucked".... vampires... no? Okay, whatever.
Anyway, Jill, I have read the Left Behind series and really enjoyed it. At times it got a little weird, but no more weird than glittery vampires (Twilight reference).
There's a Left Behind movie starring none other than...wait for it... KIRK CAMERON!!
If you want to borrow it, my mom has it. The production is way low, and really cheesy, but it was fun to watch after reading the books. Plus? Mike Seaver. No other explanation required.
Careful though. I got on a Second Coming Trip a couple of years ago, and I'm telling you, that stuff will make you paranoid and Cr-Azy. Small doses, Jill, or don't say I didn't warn you. :)
What's wierd about horse-shaped, talking locusts with long hair?
Those books sound good! I also read the Book of Mormon made easier. Hey thanks for the heads up about my awful math on my blog!!
I read the first book in that series but none of the rest. You've inspired me to go to the library!
Jill I feel the same about Twilight. I have a sister-in-law who has to talk to me about it everytime I see her. I don't really care about it that much. I think the Book of Mormon made easier would be awesome to read. And sorry that not everyone can be perfect like Kevin and have everything come easy to them. Sometimes I think he doesn't know that there are people out there that don't know everything like he does. But I still love him anyway.
So those Left Behind books... are they what the Left Behind movies are based on? I know my kids have seen the movies- I haven't.
Post a Comment