So, the idea of making homemade bread sounds like a good one. I know it must be cheaper and better for you than the other stuff. I wrestled with the idea of buying a bread-maker, but we have NO room for one in the kitchen. My wonderful grandmother went out of town for 6 weeks and told me to borrow hers, so I did. It is sitting on my kitchen table right now. I have the ingredients for the recipe she gave me and I just haven't gotten myself to put them in there and push the button.
This is so sad.
Does anyone have any good recipes to get me motivated?
8 comments:
I've been making bread my whole life. I'd love to teach you. Maybe Tanner and I can come over and hang out and I'll teach you.
I dont have any recipes, but just let me know when the warm homemade bread is done, and ill be right over!!
I make all of our bread these days. It is way cheaper and actually gets eaten as opposed to the store bought stuff. I use King Arthur's basic recipe here: http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/recipe.jsp?recipe_id=R428
I do substitute 1/2 cup white flour to help with texture.
I have a bread maker and love it! Sometimes when I'm feeling lazy I just buy the mix in the bakng section. All you do is add water and press the button! You can't get much easier than that! It's actualy really good and smells divine!!!
I actually have a bread maker I dont want anymore. I was going to drop it off at DI. You can have it if you want. Im pretty sure I have a beer bread bread mix too....
I have a great recipe that was my Moms! Its kinda tricky but so yummy! I'd love to teach you!
it looks like you have a lot of offers.But I have a recipe book for a bread machine. But I alos have a wicked easy pizza dough recipe that I also use for rolls and other stuff. Let me know we can get together to share some recipes. I am a baking fiend!! You want a recipe I probably have it.
You make me laugh.
Post a Comment