Now that
Henry is here (and he is BEAUTIFUL), I think I am the next person I know due to have a baby. In some ways I feel like I am ready to be done being pregnant but I am very scared of all of what comes next. I think most of my readers have had babies before so I am looking for some tips. #1 on my list of things to do today is pack my bag for the hospital. Please let me know (1) What you brought and (2) What you wish you had brought. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
8 comments:
Jill, it's coming up pretty fast. Have you guys decided on a permanent name yet? Kevin had mentioned Karen. Is that still a possibility?
i bring a going home outfit for me (including a good bra, comfy lounge wear, and undergarments) and a going home outfit for the baby. a toothbrush (and other regular toiletries like shampoo) would be nice. or a hair brush and makeup (but i never feel like putting makeup on in the hospital, although i suppose it might make for better pictures). the hospital will give you gowns and stuff for your stay. some people like bringing their own pajamas, but i like the hospital gowns. good luck! i am so excited for you!
Don't forget chunk change...so Kev can run and get you snacks or a soda and your camera (of course)!
The 1st time I brought WAY too much. I would say bring a movie you want to watch & a general overnite bag with your bathroom stuff. Some people bring their own pajamas, but I never did because, well... there's a chance you may get blood on it. Bring some magazines or something because the hospital only has like 12 channels. Oh- and an Ipod. I forgot mine this last time.
All good advice so far. Your baby won't fit into most of her cute extravagant clothes - so keep her outfit simple. If you love your pillow (like I do), bring it since you'll be sleeping there for 2 nights.
You should ask different questions every day until you deliver (advice for the hospital stay, the days right after you get home, visitors, pain management, sleep, etc). Then you'll be so prepared.
SLIPPERS. I was so glad to have them to slip off and on when I went to the bathroom, frequently, and not have to keep them on, like their stupid socks. it's also nice to have your own toothbrush and toothpaste and brush. i would advise against make up (unless that's your thing) and a frilly outsit for the babes. good luck!
when i said 'outsit' i meant 'outfit' :)
Adult diapers, (not kidding, they are way better than the wannabe panties and giant maxi pads they provide), cash, video camera, camera, NB size outfit to take the baby home in, hat for baby, one outfit for you, pair of granny panties, brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, cell phone, slippers, socks... that's all I can think of.
Post a Comment