Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Surprise

I am sure that everyone has figured it out but I should officially announce that I am pregnant. This is a picture from my 8-week ultrasound. My due date is August 10th, which is 6 days before my sister-in-law Jessica, 2 days after my cousin Joi and about 2 weeks after my cousin Robin. The timing seems to be working out very well.
One thing that I have already learned about being a first-time mom is how often people give you "advice". Most of the time is it really their opinion and many times someone else has already given you their "advice" and it is completely opposite. Apparently, when I start showing, I will even be getting tons of "advice" from passengers when I am at work. I have also been warned by co-workers that passengers will reach out and touch my belly. I just pray that when that happens, I have the restraint to not break their wrist. Ok, that is a little extreme, but for some reason on airplanes, people think that any form of touching is acceptable when talking to the flight attendant.
Kevin is very excited to be a dad. It is so cute. At first he seemed indifferent but now I catch him telling everyone. On our cruise in Mexico, he would tell the locals that we would befriend. I know what the word "pregnant" is in Spanish and when I would hear it, I knew he was talking about me.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea for babies! I felt the same way about my blog before I announced I was pregnant. But now we get pregnancy updates! Don't forget to tell us about other events in your life too though. We want to hear it all.

Robin said...

Now I am jealous even more. I didn't get an ultrasound. Luckyyy.

Macey said...

he/she looks just like you! I can't believe you are having your baby on our anniversary...that will be a nice gift...thanks

jaybrim said...

did you swallow a fish

Jillsywillsy said...

Ha, Kevin gets so mad when I say it looks like a fish!

Emily said...

Embarassado!

Macey said...

Hey Jillsi-so ever since I switched to the new blogger, I can't log myself in without first commenting...weird. Hope you are feeling good~