Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Goodbye Bill O'Reilly, Hello President Hinckley

This may not seem interesting to anyone else, but it is my job today. It looks like we are switching from Cox Cable to Dish Network. It is going to save us a few bucks and I think it is going to be much better. The fact that we are going to do this isn’t as interesting as the story that led us to this decision.

It all started when I got pregnant. Two things happened to me. First, my sense of smell became very sensitive. It is making me crazy. I can smell EVERYTHING. It is certainly not helping with the vomiting. Second, I became more of a B#### than usual. This started a clash in my home because there are already two other B####s (female dogs) in my home that think they are the boss. Well, until yesterday Seven and Sadie slept on the ground next to my bed. This always kind of bugged me, but never enough to want to fight about it. Then it happened.

Seven farted. She has been doing this for a while, but it never hit me like it did the other night. This smell is worse than anything a human could EVER produce. You latterly have to leave the room immediately, it is so bad. Well, I’d had it. I put my foot down. I tried to be a nice as possible, but Kevin basically had to decide if he wanted to share a bedroom with his wife or the dogs. He actually agreed very quickly. Who knows maybe it was the flames coming out of my eyes and ears that helped him see the light.

Yesterday, wile Kevin was at school I came up with a plan to rearrange the furniture in our bedroom so that there simply wouldn’t be a comfortable spot for Seven to sleep in. Of course I never got around to it. I had shopping and a lunch date with my mom and cousin Lindsay. So, when He got home I asked if he would help. He totally went for it. He had wanted to rearrange stuff for a while. We moved our little entertainment center to the opposite wall and switched it with the bed. Now in the summer the A/C will actually blow on the bed instead of the TV. We got everything where we wanted it and realized that the cable won’t reach the TV anymore. We don’t know exactly how it is rigged, but we know it would involve going up in the attic, something we aren’t willing to do. We discussed having Cox come out and rewire things and decided they would charge us a bunch of money. Then we remembered the letter we got in the mail from them the other day, telling us that they were once again going to raise our rates.

We did some research and found out that a few people in Kevin’s family had switched to Dish and it was better and less expensive. Today I have phone calls to make. I have been looking at the channel line up and it looks like I will lose Fox News channel and gain BYU-TV. I can live with that.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Very entertaining how this all came about. Dog farts, yuck!Every time we go to my mom's my resolve to never own a dog grows stronger.

Macey said...

sick...I don't like dogs...or many animals for that matter. Ironic considering who I married. You are lucky that you got to go out to lunch with Mom and Linds.

Anonymous said...

Good girl Jill. Way to stick up for yourself. The smell thing you inherited from me. It's always worse when your preg. mom

Emily said...

See, we're interested in things other than your pregnancy!

Macey said...

When you named your blog, you weren't pregnant, right? Are you craving pickles now that you are?

Tori :) said...

I've never visited your blog, although I visit everyone elses in your family!! Ok, I am totally laughing out loud right now!! :) Dog farts are bad, but once I was walking behind a horse my daughter was riding. Yeah... horse farts are pretty darn bad. I could literally FEEL it hit my face. I'm getting sick just thinking about it...
Congrats on your pregnancy! How fun to preggo at the same time as Robin... and 1/2 your family. Good luck! Thanks for visting my blog. :)

Macey said...

Hey Jill-did you get the email from Mitzi? I just bought 7 shirts, a swim top and bottom and flip flops for $54-I wore Large throughout my whole pregnancy. Hope you are feeling better.