Saturday, August 02, 2008

I camped

We went camping this past week with some other families in our ward. It was my first time really camping since I was a little kid. Five days, no shower, no phone, poop-in-the-dirt camping. Mini-me did quite well. She loves to be outside. Nighttime was hard because she has never spent the night away from her own crib. I had so much fun. I didn't want to come home. I don't really know why but I really like the fact that my husband has finally made friends in our ward (that aren't 12-year-old boys). We got home later than expected on Thursday and I expected him to be cranky and aggitated like he generally is when he gets home from camping but he was in a great mood. We all were. We definately have to do this again.Yes, he took this one while I was driving the quad.
Mini-me wants to ride too. Us at the top of the rim.

11 comments:

Mindy said...

Looks like fun! I love the picture of her on her little pink chair! Shes so cute!

The Fraughts said...

That cracks me up about Kevin and his "friends". It's encouraging to me that Jordyn did so well, because that's going to be us camping with Nixon next year. Jordyn is so cute, I love the picture of her riding the quad.

Robin said...

I am so glad you got to have a fun family camp out! Looks like a blast.

*~Ali~* said...

Looks like fun!! Mini-you is so cute! Love those cheakies!!

Vanessa said...

I havent been camping forever too! Looks like tons of fun!

Tori :) said...

It looks like you had so much fun!! that's awesome!

Emily said...

Love the picture of mini-me on her chair! Glad you enjoyed camping. The top picture of you two is also great.

Becca said...

Hey Jill, it was good seeing you today! I found your blog and thought I'd say hi! My blog is private, but would love to send you an invite if you're interested. Just email me beccaboohall@hotmail.com and your baby is so cute!

Vanessa said...

Have you used the bread maker yet?

Kerby Family said...

Hey girl it looks like you guys had a good time. Yeah, I don't know how my fam would fare camping like that. We will have to try it sometime. Love Jordin she is so cute.

Sarah Beau Bera said...

Hi Jill.