When I arrived at the airport yesterday for work I was in the lounge (where we check in and get our mail and stuff) I heard another flight attendant that I hadn't met before on her cell phone. I wasn't eavesdropping (at first) but this part of her conversation caught my attention: "Are you going on the canoe trip? If you are you can just meet at Bishop's house or Sister Postert will give you a ride." I had to talk to her. Not only do I never get to meet other flight attendants that are LDS (though I know there are many) but Sister Postert was very likely my friend Mary, or her Mother in law who Mr. Burns and I know quite well. Turns out she is in Tanner and Mary's ward and she has a 10-month-old too. Yay, a new friend.
So, it sound nerdy but I was kind of in a good mood. Then I got to my airplane. We were going to Las Vegas and back, then I was going to get new co-workers and head on to Little Rock. Turns out one of the flight attendants was LDS and I have met her sister. The other one grew up in Mesa and he went to Westwood and graduated 2 years after my dad and new my uncle. It is a small world. We also had a Captain on board who was sitting on the jumpseat in the back because he was traveling for leisure and the plane was full. I guess Ed had told him my maiden name and when I got to the back to start drink service, it was "Who is your dad? Are you related to so and so?" You guessed it. He was speaking my language as well.
I guess the reason I enjoy meeting people from work who share the same faith is because we have so much in common. We can talk about how we manage our callings and our families on such funky schedules. Anyways, this post may have just bored you to tears but I just wanted to share.
2 comments:
That's cool. Geni and I are over the Miamaids. I think I've asked her before if she knew your or had ever met you. She didn't then. But I guess you two know each other now. Fun.
that is really neat!! It is always fun to find out what a small world it actually is!
Post a Comment