I saw this on another blog that I read.
Top 5 things you will never hear me say:
5. No, I don't have a coupon for that.
4. Ya, It's safe to fly with that baby on your lap.
3. You're right. I will quit my job and go on wellfare.
2. I wish my husband was the scout master.
1. Your baby is cuter than mine.
How about you guys?
10 comments:
Oops- that was me on my husband's account. He loves me. :)
Here's one for me: "You guys" or "Your guys's." I have never uttered those words.
Hi Jill! I never noticed your blog on your siggie before! I love your 5 things post!
Thanks for a good laugh! I'll try to think up some for me...
thanks, no one for telling me I had them numbered 5,4,3,4,5.
I didn't even notice!! Lol!
At the risk of complete humiliation, let me say that I am a proud welfare recipient. At many times in my life, I have also looked down on people that (ab)use the programs. On the other hand, there is a real need for them and I'm glad that they've been there for us. After Sophie was born, we were able to get on AHCCCS and it has been a huge blessing. I don't think there's any shame in using a program temporarily to provide for someone in exactly our situation. We are a family that temporarily has zero income, but will soon start to pay back the system, and will more than make up for anything we have received.
It's especially great when you look at the alternatives. The HMO through my future employer will cost $1,200 PER MONTH to cover our family. No wonder so many people choose to quit their jobs to go on welfare. With that kind of cost, plus daycare, you'd have a hard time just breaking even.
I suppose I should clarify that I was talking about my situation and my situation only. I apologize if I offended anyone. I should tell you that I understand people who temporarly need to use AHCCCS. I personally pay about 1/20th of what you are about to have to pay for health insurance. It is the main reason I haven't quit. My job has been very flexable and have been mostly able to work when my husband is home so it hasn't caused a problem.
I probably shouldn't have written that on my blog but I guess I am just tired of people suggesting to me (and they really do) that I quit so that I can qualify for more government assistance. If I had to, that would be a different story. Again, I apologize.
sorry about the deleted posts that was me spelling things wrong.
Post a Comment