Friday, October 05, 2007

No postage necessary

Have you ever wanted to do this?


Today I received 5 credit card offers in the mail. This is really starting to bother me and I will tell you why. Not only have we decided not to get any new credit cards ever, but I am worried about identity theft and feel the need to tear up or shred every application. I shouldn't have to do that. Anyways, I opened all five, tore up the actual application part and stuffed everything else back into the addressed envelopes that they provided. I am going to mail them now. From what I understand, the credit card company has to pay the postage on these envelopes that get mailed back to them. I feel better.

8 comments:

stephanie said...

i'm SO doing that next time i get one.

Macey said...

How annoying...you are smart

utmommy said...

I'm totally going to copy you. I hate all those dumb credit card apps. They are so annoying.

Jessica said...

You should sign up for "opt out". This is a website where you stop pre-approved credit card offers for five years. They also give a page to print out and send in to stop credit card offers forever. Sean and I did this awhile ago, and it has reduced the number we receive significantly.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

that is THE best idea ever. i'm so in.

Emily said...

Bravo!

Aut said...

That is a really good idea!

Lindsey from The R House said...

ha! that is so funny. i love this idea. sometimes when telemarketers call i pretend like i can't hear them on my phone and just keep saying hello over and over again. we all have to do our part in the fight against solicitation.

:) great idea.