Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Mommies are important too!!

The other day when going through baby stuff I found yet another toy that says "I love my daddy." Is it just me or do tons of little girl items have this saying on them? I have pacifiers, toys, and onesies that all say "daddy" things. Well I am going to start my own line of baby items embroidered with the following saying:

"My daddy didn't gain fifty pounds this year. His ankles never swelled up like cantaloupes. He could always sneeze without having to change his pants. He didn't have to get any stitches the day I was born. He has never experienced cracked or bleeding nipples. When I cry at night, he is not the one who comes running. But sure, I still love my daddy."

9 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

i would SO buy that line of clothing. if i could buy that shirt today, i would. and i will help you find the connections to get it done. good work.

Macey said...

ummm-I love it. Maybe you could start on etsy

tiffany said...

i haven't noticed the "i love my daddy" phenomenon so much with boys stuff, but none the less, I LOVE your idea! Thanks for the laughs!
tiff, jacob, and joey

Robin said...

I'll take an order of 10 of those. You crack me up. But seriously, it's all so true.

Unknown said...

I like your ideas. Don't forget "A year from now, his chest will look like it did before I came. And so will his butt" and "He doesn't have to change his shirt twice a day to avoid smelling like vomit."


Don't worry though, Sophie prefers me - I think cause she sees me more often.

Tori :) said...

You'd be rich if you really started your own line. I'd totally buy some!

Emily said...

I'll buy it. Most the litte boys stuff still raves about daddy too.

Aut said...

I've never laughed so hard at a post! That was too funny!! Jordyn is so beautiful!

Macey said...

Way cute blog header...and, oops we didn't get any pics of our girls together this weekend...I guess we have the rest of their lives, if we ever remember.