Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Yummy!

So my next doctors appointment is going to include a glucose test. This is what I get to drink before I go.

So, for all of you that have done this before, how bad is it?

Yesterday, after my Dr.'s appointment, I was very excited to use my new mini-crock-pot. I was cutting up the last of the carrots when I remembered (because my house went dark) that the City of Mesa left me a note last week telling me that my power would be off for 4 hours on the 24th. This is why:



I was under the impression that they were going to replace the old leaning pole with a new one. However, both poles are still there. Oh well. Anyways, back to my dinner. Luckily, I have a wonderful mother-in-law who let me leave it at her house for 4 hours. It turned out very good.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

It's not that bad. It just tastes like you're drinking a can of orange soda that you let sit out for a couple hours.

Macey said...

Good description of the orange drink Abbie-I love crock pot meals...in fact, we have already had 2 this week!

Robin said...

I don't think the glucose test is as bad as everyone says. Super sweet. I can deal with that, mine is is my fridge as we speak.
As for crock pots, they're grrrreat.Say it like Tony the Tiger.

Macey said...

Hey Jillsi hope you are doing well and feeling good-heard you have been flying a lot!

Tori :) said...

I think it tastes like thick orange soda. Not too bad.
Go Suns! Please kick Kobe's lame butt- again. I can not stand him!! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I didn't think the glucose test was bad at all...nothing to worry about. I'll just say that it pales in comparison to some of the other NotSoPleasants that you're about to experience with the rest of your prenatal experience and birth! just linked my way over here...hope you don't mind a stranger :) Good luck with the orange beverage consumption and with the test!

Robin said...

I just took the test today. It didn't taste that gross, but made me a little nauseated from all the sugar. Plus I always get nauseus and dizzy when I get my blood drawn. I'm a total woos.